Monday, October 22, 2018

What I remember most about that old house

That old House

By : Jimmy Ripp

     Awe yes , that old house. The first one mom bought upon moving to the Bay Area in California. Of all the fondest memories I have feom that time in my life the one I can remember best is that great house and all the hiding places it had.

     I used to have a girlfriend named Penny. She lived across the street. Penny was in the seventh grade and was 4 years older than me. I would always sneak her into my house through the garage and from there it was a stealth move quick up the stairway into the hallway closet after Mom had gone to bed downstairs in the master bedroom #1.

      The upstairs hallway closet was not above anything and it was a perfect fit for her and I to lay down together side by side. We would hide in there for hours on hours until the early morning usually about 4 or 5 a.m. Penny would then sneak back home.

     I was only 10 mind you and she was 14 but we did make out a lot and that was usually the extent of it. I mean let's face it we were just dumb little kids so we didn't know what we were doing anyway.       

    Still to this day I have many memories that are near and dear to my heart during that time of guilty innocence.

       As for my girlfriend Penny. Believe it or not to this day we are still a very good friends. We talk now and then through Facebook or SnapChat.

No comments:

Post a Comment