Monday, October 22, 2018

Review of yet another classmate story

Jimmy Ripp

Review of “secrets we keep”

“It's”


Remove “as”


After this sentence start a new paragraph


Too much space


See #3


End sentence and start a new one


See #4


Reword “this is where my uncle lived. He was a very progressive liberal feminist and considered one of Britain's first romantic painters.


Reword “He had taking us in but sadly died 3 years later.”


See #3


See #6


reword “My hostility I used as a shield to protect myself morphed me into someone I didn't recognize.”


See #3


no need to put this as a quote. I think keeping it in your own narration as a statement is much better.


Remove “but it with her” it just seems too confusing.


See #7


See #6


Bet = met


See #4


Confusing that you had a duel but no one was hurt.


Running = ruining


I never like the use of “but” to start a sentence.


Man = male


*1 - I think a bit more of a visual of The Bleak conditions of the environment would be good here I like the navigation around what a woman was life was like during this time. The story rings a bell to me some reason though.

No comments:

Post a Comment