Monday, May 1, 2017

Scholarship essay (bs2)

     Volunteer work is so enriching and fulfilling.  So working with disabled and autistic adults is really not my way of reference to it. I won't call it working with for I prefer to call it hanging out with autistic and disabled adults.

I chose to volunteer in the realm of this from how it has affected my life personally. When I was 14 my brother 20 was in a violent car accident and nearly lost his life. He was confined to a wheelchair ever since.

I try to make as much time available as I can for the volunteer thing but with 12 units and a 30 hour a week job at times it becomes hard to do .

When I am with the group we do activities and play games and so forth making the disabled ones really feel empowered is the goal and with the autistic ones we try to keep them learning all the time with repetition to develop good habits .

My biggest challenge of course is having time to do the volunteering and my main gift I get from it is seeing their smiles and how much fun we always have. I hope I make a positive improvement on their lives.  

Looking forward is not what I live by as a Creed. Having most lost my brother s d losing my mother and grandma we are never promised tomorrow so I don't look forward in the sense of living but more so loving the moment I'm getting to live in .

No comments:

Post a Comment